Sunday, October 21, 2007

Portland: ANDI

Andi Zeisler: 30-ish, founder and editor of Bitch Magazine, grew up in NYC, raised by liberal Jews.

"I understands your generation’s uneasiness with the term feminism. I blame it in part on the conservative noise machine that gets louder every year, people who equate feminism with man-hating and castration. But I think coming up with a new term is silly. It’s the concept of women’s equality that people have a problem with, so whatever word we come up with is going to be turned into a bad one.”

Discussion Questions:
Question 1
Question 2

1 comment:

arlene said...

Please pass onto Andi Zeisler

Hi Andi

I have been trying to contact you...

I was thinking that you might find my husband and I an interesting subject to write about: A couple in their 60's -- just celebrating their 40th anniversary --- re-inventing themselves by starting up their own company --- the struggles that they are trying to overcome, etc.

Both my husband and I were teachers many years ago -- we migrated to the Santa Monica high-tech world and now, we are looking for other ways to maintain our "24/7 work life."

In addition to being a grandmother with a webpage, I designed a reusable headrest protector. Besides the typical travel related retail and wholesale markets, my product makes for a great component in a gift basket as well as a Christmas "stocking stuffer." Information can be found at www.TravelKleen.com.

My husband wrote a wedding song that can be personalized -- the CD front and back cover can be changed to reflect the wedding couple's interests, love for each other, etc. He can also re-write the song if the couple wanted something totally unique. His product makes a great give-away or wedding souvenir as well as the perfect gift basket component. Information on his product can be found at www.WeddingMusicWorks.com.

If interested, please do not hesitate to contact either one of us at 310-476-4599.

Arlene